Saturday, August 9, 2008

GAINING SOME SWEET CELLO/ LOSING OUR RENTED HOUSE

Thanks to those who have been involved in our blogs. And a thanks to those who came to the show tonight expecting to see us last night. Sorry we were not there. It has been a much longer story than we have wished. As you can see, we have different opinions about the event that we cancelled out of.

MOVING FORWARD
As a result of this week in my personal life, some good things have come out of a lot of discussions. Talks with TJ, Spencer, and Ben from the band. Closer relationships and reconnecting with a lot of people, friends, and pastors that I haven’t talked to in a long time. More time with my wife to bond through a lot of prayer and good long talks about God, life, people, and why we are here. Some really good readings forwarded to me by a lot of people (my wife is a magnet for discussions on Church, culture, and difficult issues).

CELLO TAKES OVER THE TRACKS
Although it has been a long week , the last 3 days have been full of some great music making with Liz, an amazing cello player who has flown here from Austin TX to record for Future of Forestry. She is no ordinary cello player. Unfortunately, she is the only participant in this album so far who is finishing a PhD in music performance. Her playing speaks even louder than her degree.
I will blog more about the cello and post a video of Liz making her cello sing. She will be here in the studio with me till Sunday. Say a prayer for us.

A VERY SAD NOTE: OUR HOUSE IS GONE IN LESS THAN 30 DAYS
Many of you have been following my blog as I moved my home and studio to Encinitas just 2 months ago, spending a lot of money to do so, and about a month and a half getting the studio set up and running.
Because we are not billionares, we rent. Unfortunately, our land-lord called us to tell us that the bank is taking away her house and that she needs to move into the house we are renting. WE GOT A 30 DAYS NOTICE TO MOVE OUT!
These few months have been challenging. Please pray for us to find a new home and studio to rent.
It’s a late night (12:35am) and my family and I are still watching the PVR recording of the Olympic opening ceremonies. Time to go. Will check in soon.

1 comment:

Josh said...

I'm sorry about the troubles Eric. I trust that God has a plan for your family through all of this. Sometimes we can't see that God has a plan when because we are too close to the situation.

But I feel STRONGLY that God is using you and will continue to use you and this is something that He is going to work out for the better.