Monday, June 15, 2009

Writing the Travel 2 Album

I’m having the time of my life here at Hume Lake writing and recording in the most beautiful setting imaginable. Some good friends of ours named the Parkinson’s have generously blessed us by letting us turn their huge cabin in the forest into an amazing recording studio. I am here with Ben and TJ working on songs. My wife is here as well and Christina, a good friend of ours is documenting a lot of this for video. Make sure you stay posted over the next few weeks for those.

This is like a dream for me. To be totally focused on the songs. To have a facility where there is a TON of space. And I brought my whole studio up here too, so I have all my tools at my fingertips. I’ll be tracking some permanent tracks here to capture the huge room (30+ceiling) and the sounds that come from it. It’s amazing when a room becomes the instrument.

There is no cell reception up here, so I get no texts or phone messages. It’s an amazing life not having to be tied to that. I’m kind of dreading being back home where that is a norm.

I’m in the thick of writing. Its all I can think about. Melodies and rhythms flooding my brain constantly. The end result will be to have another 6 songs on this album, but I plan on writing and arrange over 10 to pick from.

1 comment:

Dan Peters said...

You guys are so blessed to be able to do this. To make music in such a beautiful setting without the distractions of every day life... I can't wait to see what you come up with.